All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
About this product
- DescriptionTheology After Reading explores how recent velists, alongside certain post-War Christian theologians, appear to be challenging, inverting, reinterpreting, and sometimes even affirming, the basic questions and answers of more traditional theologians. Focusing on five vels, Darren Middleton's book illustrates how literary art provokes theological reflection. Examining Graham Greene's The End of the Affair , Toni Morrison's Sula , Nikos Kazantzakis's The Last Temptation of Christ , Earl Lovelace's The Wine of Astonishment , and Paul Thigpen's My Visit to Hell , Middleton deftly illuminates the expression of both mainstream and progressive Christian doctrines as themes in these selected works of fiction, ultimately reaffirming the graced search for meaning in the mindful Christian life.
- Author BiographyDarren J. N. Middleton (Ph.D. The University of Glasgow, Scotland) is Associate Professor of Literature and Theology at Texas Christian University. He has published five books, including Broken Hallelujah: Nikos Kazantzakis and Christian Theology (2007).
- Author(s)Darren J. N. Middleton
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.