All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a revised edition of John Milbank's masterpiece, which sketches the outline of a specifically theological social theory. * The Times Higher Education Supplement wrote of the first edition that it was a tour de force of systematic theology. It would be churlish t to ackwledge its provocation and brilliance . * Brings this classic work up-to-date by reviewing the development of modern social thought. * Features a substantial new introduction by Milbank, clarifying the theoretical basis for his work. * Challenges the tion that sociological critiques of theology are 'scientific'. * Outlines a specifically theological social theory, and in doing so, engages with a wide range of thinkers from Plato to Deleuze. * Written by one of the world's most influential contemporary theologians and the author of numerous books.
- Author BiographyJohn Milbank is Professor of Religion, Politics and Ethics at the University of Nottingham and one of the most influential contemporary theologians. He is also the author of The Word Made Strange: Theology, Language, Culture (Blackwell, 1996).
- Author(s)John Milbank
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width173 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.