All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book entails a close reading, in terms of text as well as context, of two Afrikaner theologians, F.J.M. Potgieter and B.J. Marais. They were both active during most of the apartheid era and supported this system, Potgieter for theological, Marais for purely practical reasons. A second so-called contrast reading is done with the help of two methodological concepts or phemena, i.e. fundamentalism and deconstruction. Both readings reveal two theologies in conflict and contrast.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Hans Engdahl was ordained priest in the Church of Sweden in 1970, after having gained a degree in theology at the University of Lund. He served as a missionary in the black Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa in youth and student ministry and became deeply involved in the anti-apartheid movement. Back in Uppsala the author worked as Southern Africa secretary for the Church of Sweden Mission and later as ecumenical officer for his church. From 2001-2003 he was an Honorary Research Associate at the University of Cape Town. He is now back in South Africa where he serves the Lutheran church and teaches theology at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town. Hans Engdahl has written two books on South Africa.
- Author(s)Hans S. A Engdahl
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Number827
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.