All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis imaginative study rethinks the nature of theology and its role in universities. The author sketches out a fascinating project using examples from US and UK institutions, whereby theology becomes a transformative force within universities. It imagines what a Christian university, in which all disciplines have been theologized, would look like. It feeds into discussions about the religious identity of deminationally-linked colleges and universities. It forms part of a wider attempt to imagine a vital public role for theology that enables it to serve both the Church and the wider community.
- Author BiographyGavin D'Costa is Reader in Christian Theology and Head of Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Bristol. He also acts as an advisor to the Church of England, the Catholic Bishop's Conference and the Vatican on issues regarding other religions. His previous publications include Theology and Religious Pluralism (Blackwell, 1986), John Hick's Theology of Religions (1987), The Trinity and the Meeting of Religions (2000), and Sexing the Trinity (2000).
- Author(s)Gavin D'Costa
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleChallenges in Contemporary Theology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight582 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.