Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis title bridges the chasm between church and academy. This volume celebrates the life and work of Fisher H. Humphreys, a ted Baptist theologian whose teachings and writings have shaped several generations of pastors, missionaries, and theological students. Humphreys has said about his own life's work: 'My theology is church theology. I do thinking about God in the fellowship of the church'. Since 1990, Humphreys has taught systematic theology at Beeson Divinity School of Samford University, following an even longer tenure on the faculty of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. Written by Humphreys' colleagues and friends, the essays here illuminate various aspects of the theologian's calling from the standpoint of specific theological disciplines and from the intersection of theology with other areas of Christian life and thought. In this way, Fisher Humphreys' self-understanding of his own vocation as a theologian of the church is commended and the importance of thinking clearly and faithfully about God in the fellowship of the church is seen to be a vital component in the life of the faith.
- Author BiographyTIMOTHY GEORGE is the founding dean of Beeson Divinity School of Samford University and a senior editor of Christianity Today. He holds degrees from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.A.), Harvard Divinity School (M.Div.), and Harvard University (Th.D.). He is the author or editor of more than twenty books. He also serves as general editor for the Reformation Commentary on Scripture, a forthcoming series of sixteenth-century biblical exegesis. An ordained minister in the Southern Baptist Convention, George has participated in numerous ecumenical initiatives. ERIC F. MASON is associate professor of Biblical Studies at Judson University, Elgin, Illinois. He holds degrees from Union University (B.A.), Beeson Divinity School (M.Div.), and the University of Notre Dame (M.A., Ph.D.). He was the recipient of a graduate-school fellowship from the Pew Younger Scholars Program and was honored as a 2007 Regional Scholar by the Society of Biblical Literature. Mason is the author of 'You Are a Priest Forever': Second Temple Jewish Messianism and the Priestly Christology of the Epistle to the Hebrews (Leiden: Brill, 2008) and is an associate editor for the journal Henoch: Studies in Judaism and Christianity from Second Temple to Late Antiquity.
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleBaptist Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEric F. Mason,Timothy George
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.