All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionAlain Badiou is arguably the most original and influential philosopher working in France today. Working against the tide of postmodern orthodoxy, Badiou revitalizes philosophy's perennial attempt to provide a systematic theory of truth. Theoretical Writings presents, in Badiou's own words, 'the theoretical core of [his] Philosophy'. Beginning with the controversial assertion that ontology is mathematics, the chapters step the reader through his key concepts of being, subject and truth via startling re-readings of canical figures including Spiza, Kant and Hegel and engagements with poetry, psychoanalysis and radical politics. Theoretical Writings is an indispensable introduction to one of the great thinkers of our time.
- Author BiographyAlain Badiou teaches at the Ecole Normale Superieure and at the College International de Philosophie in Paris, France. In addition to several novels, plays and political essays, he has published a number of major philosophical works including Being and Event, also published in the Bloomsbury Revelations series. Ray Brassier is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon. Alberto Toscano is Reader in Critical Theory at Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Alain Badiou
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Series TitleBloomsbury Revelations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight467 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlberto Toscano,Ray Brassier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.