All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMorley's book offers the first accessible guide for students to show how theories, models and concepts have been applied to ancient history. Showing readers how they can use theory to interpret historical evidence for themselves, as well as to evaluate the work of others, the book includes a survey of key ideas and theories on a wide range of ancient historical topics including society and ecomy, the environment, gender and sexuality, and myth and rationality. Also including a helpful antated guide to further reading on all the topics covered, students will t want to miss out on this essential guide to the ancient world.
- Author BiographyNeville Morley is a senior lecturer in ancient history at the University of Bristol. His research interests are in ancient economic history, the city of Rome, ancient and modern historiography and historical theory. He is the author of Metropolis and Hinterland; the city of Rome and the Italian economy and Writing Ancient History, and is editor of Ancient History: Key themes and Approaches.
- Author(s)Neville Morley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleApproaching the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.