Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is art? The contributors to Theories of Art Today address the assertion that the term art longer holds meaning. They explore a variety of issues including: aesthetic and institutional theories of art, feminist perspectives on the philosophy of art, the question of whether art is a cluster concept, and the relevance of tribal art to philosophical aesthetics. Contributors to this book include such distinguished philosophers and historians as Arthur Danto, Joseph Margolis, and George Dickie.
- Author BiographyNoel Carroll is the Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Humanities at Temple University and Past-President of the American Society for Aesthetics. He is the author of Philosophy of Mass Art, Interpreting the Moving Image, Theorizing the Moving Image, and Philosophy of Art: A Contemporary Introduction. He is co-editor (with David Bordwell) of Post-Theory: Reconstructing Film Studies, which is also published by the University of Wisconsin Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2000
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byNoel Carroll
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.