All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTheories of Communication is the realization of a project begun in the 1970s with Marshall McLuhan and w brought to completion by his son, Eric McLuhan. This collection of short essays assembles theories of communication from a diverse range of famous people - from Thomas Aquinas and Francis Bacon to Wyndham Lewis and Ezra Pound - and ends with an essay on Marshall McLuhann' own theory of communication. While the majority of the essays have been previously published, all are seminal pieces in the field. Their presence together in one volume is a significant contribution to the overall task of understanding culture and communication in our time, and will appeal to both scholars and students interested in the work of Marshall McLuhan.
- Author BiographyEric McLuhan received his B.Sc. in communications from the University of Wisconsin, and his MA and PhD in English from the University of Dallas. His doctoral thesis on James Joyce's Finnegans Wake was published by the University of Toronto Press. He worked for fifteen years with Marshall McLuhan and co-authored two books with him, City as Classroom: Understanding Language and Media and Laws of Media: The New Science. He has lectured around the world on media and society, and has written numerous books and articles.
- Author(s)Eric McLuhan,Marshall McLuhan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.