All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis leading text introduces the whole range of major theoretical approaches to the study of International Relations in a way that really gets students thinking. Each theory is placed within context and discussed in juxtaposition to other theoretical approaches, and each chapter is written by a leading expert on each approach, giving the student an excellent view of the latest developments. The new edition has new chapters on historical sociology and international political theory and has been thoroughly updated. This successful and popular textbook provides a systematic and comprehensive introduction to the main theoretical approaches in the study of international relations. Written by a team of leading scholars from around the world, the core chapters each present a detailed and critical analysis of the key theories prevailing in the discipline, from realism and liberalism to feminism and post-structuralism. These are set in context by an introduction assessing the importance and role of theory in the study of world politics. This fully revised fourth edition includes entirely new chapters on Historical Sociology by Andrew Linklater and International Political Theory by Terry Nardin.
- Author BiographySCOTT BURCHILL is Senior Lecturer in International Relations, Deakin University, Australia. ANDREW LINKLATER is Woodrow Wilson Professor of International Politics, Aberystwyth University, UK. RICHARD DEVETAK is Senior Lecturer and Director of the Rotary Centre for International Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution, University of Queensland, Australia. JACK DONNELLY is Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Political Science, University of Denver, USA. TERRY NARDIN is Professor and Head, Department of Political Science, National University of Singapore. MATTHEW PATERSON is Professor of Political Science, University of Ottawa, Canada. CHRISTIAN REUS-SMIT is Professor and Head of the Department of International Relations in the Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies at The Australian National University. JACQUI TRUE is Professor of Politics & International Relations at Monash University, Australia.
- Author(s)Andrew Linklater,Christian Reus-Smit,Jack Donnelly,Jacqui True,Matthew Paterson,Richard Devetak,Scott Burchill,Terry Nardin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/02/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date22/01/2013
- Content Note0
- Weight594 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.