Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $278.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheories of Personality or Personality Psychology. In place of the historical, categorical, and research methods of teaching personality, Berecz maps theories and research onto a grid that allows readers to analyze and compare. Instead of learning theoretical terms or analyzing research findings related to a particular theory, students will evaluate and compare personality constructs in different zones of interdisciplinary research. This approach facilitates both comprehension and retention, making sense of an encyclopedic volume of theories and research.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Berecz received an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from American University in Washington, D.C., and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Indiana University, Bloomington. His doctoral research on smoking cessation won recognition in a nationwide competition conducted by the American Institutes for Research. Following his graduate studies, Dr. Berecz interned as a United States Public Health Fellow at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston, Subsequently, he pursued a professional career for over thirty years that has spanned both the classroom and the clinic. He taught Theories of Personality courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Additionally he taught Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Behavior Modification, Research Methods, and Human Sexuality. In his clinical practice he has worked with children, couples, and families. Dr. Berecz has published five books and nearly three dozen articles in professional journals. His research and writing have covered a broad range of topics, including: addictions, stuttering, Tourette Syndrome, sexual dysfunction, as well as the role of forgiveness in psychotherapy and counseling. He is married to Deborah Bennett Berecz, who obtained her law degree at Notre Dame and uses Collaborative practice and mediation to ease the stress of divorce for families in transition. They have four grown sons and--at last count--five grandchildren. They make their home among the orchards and vineyards of southwestern Michigan. Dr. Berecz attenuates the stresses in his life with biking, skiing, swimming, racquetball, and spiritual meditation. With this text, Professor Berecz, hopes to share his love of psychology and enthusiasm for Theories of Personality with new generations of student seekers.
- Author(s)John M. Berecz
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/09/2007
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Out-of-print date06/02/2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, diagrams, figures
- Weight1231 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.