All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the nature of desire? This book gives an accessible introduction to the concept, and a coherent critique of the competing theories of desire within contemporary theory. Through analysis of representations of desire in television and film, it considers ways in which the concept is theorized and presented on screen.
- Author BiographyKRISTYN GORTON is Lecturer in the Department of Theatre, Film& Television at York University, UK. She is the author of Psychoanalysis and the Portrayal of Desire in Twentieth-Century Fiction: A Feminist Critique (2007) and has published articles in Studies in European Cinema, Feminist Theory and The Journal of British Cinema and Television.
- Author(s)Kristyn Gorton
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication13/03/2008
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight397 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.