All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an overview of smart camera systems, considering practical applications but also reviewing fundamental aspects of the underlying techlogy. It introduces in a tutorial style the principles of sensing and signal processing, and also describes topics such as wireless connection to the Internet of Things (IoT) which is expected to be the biggest market for smart cameras. It is an excellent guide to the fundamental of smart camera techlogy, and the chapters complement each other well as the authors have worked as a team under the auspice of GFP(Global Frontier Project), the largest-scale funded research in Korea. This is the third of three books based on the Integrated Smart Sensors research project, which describe the development of invative devices, circuits, and system-level enabling techlogies. The aim of the project was to develop common platforms on which various devices and sensors can be loaded, and to create systems offering significant improvements in information processing speed, energy usage, and size. This book contains extensive reference lists, introduces the reader to the subject in a tutorial style and also reviews state-of-the-art results, which allows it to be used as a guide for starting researchers.
- Author BiographyChong-Min Kyung (Professor, KAIST) received B.S. in Electrical Engineering (EE) from Seoul National University in 1975, M.S. and Ph.D. in EE from KAIST in 1977 and 1981, respectively. He worked at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill during 1981-1983. Since 1983, he has been Professor at the Department of EE at KAIST. He started Center for Integrated Smart Sensors (CISS) in 2011, sponsored as Global Frontier Project by Korean government. He has published over 300 international journal/conference papers on device physics/simulation, CAD, computer graphics, and System-on-a-Chip design including RISC/CISC microprocessors, VLIW and reconfigurable DSP cores, and video CODEC. His current research focuses on applying system-level cost-energy-rate-distortion optimization techniques to the design of smart sensors, especially smart cameras. He has led, as Founding Director, IDEC (IC Design Education Center) during 1995-2011. He received Best Paper Awards in numerous international conferences including ASP-DAC 1997 and 1998, DAC in 2000, ICSPAT in 1999, ICCD in 1999, ISOCC in 2009, and ISQED in 2014. He is a member of National Academy of Engineering Korea, and Korean Academy of Science and Technology, and IEEE Fellow.
- Date of Publication16/08/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleKaist Research Series
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 135 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight812 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChong-Min Kyung
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.