All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionProviding the underlying principles of digital communication and the design techniques of real-world systems, this textbook prepares senior undergraduate and graduate students for the engineering practices required in industry. Covering the core concepts, including modulation, demodulation, equalization, and channel coding, it provides step-by-step mathematical derivations to aid understanding of background material. In addition to describing the basic theory, the principles of system and subsystem design are introduced, enabling students to visualize the intricate connections between subsystems and understand how each aspect of the design supports the overall goal of achieving reliable communications. Throughout the book, theories are linked to practical applications with over 250 real-world examples, whilst 370 varied homework problems in three levels of difficulty enhance and extend the text material. With this textbook, students can understand how digital communication systems operate in the real world, learn how to design subsystems, and evaluate end-to-end performance with ease and confidence.
- Author BiographyTri T. Ha is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Monterey, California, a position he has held since 1989. Prior to joining NPS he worked at Fairchild Industries and GTE, and he was an Associate Professor at Virginia Tech for four years. He is an IEEE Fellow who has written two previous textbooks, and his current research interests are in wireless communications and cyber warfare.
- Author(s)Tri T. Ha
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note314 b/w illus. 47 tables 370 exercises
- Weight1570 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.