Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume addresses the complex issues surrounding language teacher education, especially in EFL, and the development of professionalism in this field. By applying such concepts as Shulman's pedagogical content kwledge , the development of teachers' kwledge base is investigated in a variety of settings, thus underpinning the contextual nature of teacher learning. The vital role of critical reflection at all stages of teacher development is shown to be an integral part of language teachers' kwledge constructions in areas such as pedagogical grammar, assessment and testing. The contributions shed light also on the perception and development of teacher expertise. This volume sets out to bridge the gap between theory and practice, and in so doing shows that these constructs are far from molithic. Rather, both theory and practice are created and developed dynamically in close interrelation.
- Author BiographyJulia Huttner is a Lecturer at the University of Southampton, where she teaches applied linguistics and teacher education courses. Her current research project investigates oral language use and proficiency. Barbara Mehlmauer-Larcher currently coordinates the ELT methodology programme at the Centre for English Language Teaching (Department of English) of the University of Vienna. Her research interests focus on ESP methodology and pre-service language teacher education. Susanne Reichl is associate professor at the Centre for English Language Teaching (Department of English) of the University of Vienna. Her research interests include the teaching of literature and culture in secondary and higher education, and literature for children and young adults. Barbara Schiftner currently works as a research assistant for the Centre for English Language Teaching (Department of English) of the University of Vienna. Her recent research activities are concerned with coherence and cohesion in learner writing.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBarbara Mehlmauer-Larcher,Barbara Schiftner,Julia Huttner,Susanne Reichl
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.