All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays collected within this text engage with the Marxist tion of a 'mode of production', the emergence of the medieval relations of production, the origins of capitalism, the dichotomy between free and unfree labour and essays in agrarian history. Together, the insightful and thought provoking texts within Theory as History demonstrate the importance of reintegrating theory within history and of bringing history back into historical materialism. Meticulously grounded in evidence, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in capitalism and Marxism.
- Author BiographyJairus Banaji spent most of his academic life at Oxford. He has been a Research Associate in the Department of Development Studies, SOAS, University of London, for the past several years. He is the author of Agrarian Change in Late Antiquity (Oxford, 2007).
- Author(s)Jarius Banaji
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.