All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile education researchers have drawn on the work of a wide diversity of theorists over the years, much contemporary theory building in these areas has revolved around the work of Pierre Bourdieu. Theory as Method in Research develops the capacity of students, researchers and teachers to successfully put Bourdieu's ideas to work in their own research and prepare them effectively for conducting Masters and Doctoral scholarships. Structured around four core themes, this book provides a range of research case studies exploring educational identities, educational inequalities, school leadership and management, and research in teacher education. Issues as diverse as Chinese language learning and identity, school leadership in Australia and the school experience of Afro-Trinidadian boys, are covered, intertwined with a set of invative approaches to theory application in education research. This collection brings together, in one comprehensive volume, a set of education researchers who place Pierre Bourdieu's key concepts such as habitus, capital and field at the centre of their research methodologies. Full of insight and invation, the book is an essential read for practitioners, student teachers, researchers and academics who want to harness the potential of Bourdieu's core concepts in their own work, thereby helping to bridge the gap between theory and method in education research.
- Author BiographyMark Murphy is Reader in Education and Public Policy at the University of Glasgow, UK. Cristina Costa is a Lecturer in Technology Enhanced Learning in the School of Education, University of Strathclyde, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight442 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCristina Costa,Mark Murphy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.