All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of its kind, Theory of Gearing: Kinematics, Geometry, and Synthesis systematically develops a scientific theory of gearing that makes it possible to synthesize vel gears with the desired performance. Written by a leading gearing expert who holds more than 200 patents, it presents a modern methodology for gear design. The proposed theory is based on a key postulate: all the design parameters for an optimal gear pair for a particular application can be derived from (a) a given configuration of the rotation vectors of the driving and driven shafts and (b) the power transmitted by the gear pair. This allows engineers to synthesize the desired gear pairs with only the following input information: * The rotation and torque on the driving shaft * The configuration of the driven shaft in relation to the driving shaft * The desired rotation and torque of the driven shaft Beginning with the fundamentals, the book reconsiders the basic theory of kinematics and geometry of gears to provide a sound basis for the evaluation and development of future designs. It then examines ideal and real gearing for parallel-axis, intersected-axis, and crossed-axis gearing. The book addresses how to minimize vibration and ise in gears, discusses aspects of implementing the theory of gearing, and analyzes principal features of power transmission and the loading of gear teeth. More than 500 figures clearly illustrate the principles. This is an invaluable resource for engineers and researchers who work in gear design, gear production, and the application of gears as well as for students in mechanical and manufacturing engineering. Covering all kwn gear designs, this book offers an analytical solution to the problem of designing optimal gear pairs for any given application. It also encourages researchers to further develop the theory of gearing.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen P. Radzevich is a professor of mechanical engineering and manufacturing engineering. He has extensive industrial experience in gear design and manufacture and has developed numerous software packages dealing with computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) of precise gear finishing for a variety of industrial sponsors. Dr. Radzevich has spent over 35 years developing software, hardware, and other processes for gear design and optimization. Besides his industry work, he trains engineering students at universities and gear engineers in companies. He has authored and coauthored over 30 monographs, handbooks, and textbooks, including Kinematic Geometry of Surface Machining (CRC Press, 2007), Gear Cutting Tools: Fundamentals of Design and Computation (CRC Press, 2010), and Dudley's Handbook of Practical Gear Design and Manufacture (CRC Press, 2012). He has also authored and coauthored over 250 scientific papers and holds more than 200 patents on inventions in the field.
- Author(s)Stephen P. Radzevich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note513 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight1519 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.