All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Theory of Machines is an important subject to mechanical engineering students of both bachelor's and diploma level. One has to understand the basics of kinematics and dynamics of machines before designing and manufacturing any component. The subject material is presented in such a way that an average student can easily understand the concepts. The graphical methods of analysis are given preference over analytical wherever possible though they lack in accuracy but can be performed quickly. Particular care has been taken to draw diagrams to scale correctly. The results are compared with analytical ones wherever possible. Common doubts that the students have while preparing for the examinations or new faculty in the classrooms have been kept in mind. The same examples are being explained wherever different methods are there instead of giving different examples. The effect of the different parameters on the end result also is shown in the same problem, for example, in cams and goverrs etc. In the exercises at the end of each chapter, questions from the question papers of various universities are given under three categories - short answer questions, problems, multiple choice questions. Some of the questions may be seen repeated. One should te that they are being given repeatedly and are important for examination purpose.
- Author BiographyB.V.R. Gupta received his B.E. (Mech) from Govt. College of Engineering, Anantapur, M.E. from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and Ph.D from I.I.T. Madras in Dynamics.
- Author(s)V. R. Gupta
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Width240 mm
- Height180 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.