All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheory of Nonlinear Propagation of High Harmonics Generated in a Gaseous Medium establishes the theoretical tools to study High-Order Harmonic Generation (HHG) by intense ultrafast infrared lasers in atoms and molecules. The macroscopic propagation of both laser and high-harmonic fields is taken into account by solving Maxwell's wave equations, while the single-atom or single-molecule response is treated with a quantitative rescattering theory by solving the time-dependent Schrodinger equation. This book demonstrates for the first time that observed experimental HHG spectra of atoms and molecules can be accurately reproduced theoretically when precise experimental conditions are kwn. The macroscopic HHG can be expressed as a product of a macroscopic wave packet and a photorecombination cross section, where the former depends on laser and experimental conditions while the latter is the property of target atoms or molecules. The factorization makes it possible to retrieve microscopically atomic or molecular structure information from the measured macroscopic HHG spectra. This book also investigates other important issues about HHG, such as contributions from multiple molecular orbitals, the minimum in the HHG spectrum, the spatial mode of laser beams, and the generation of an isolated attosecond pulse. Additionally, this book presents the photoelectron angular distribution of aligned molecules ionized by the HHG light.
- Author BiographyDr. Cheng Jin received his Ph.D. in Physics from Kansas State University in May 2012. He received the K-State Physics Meritorious Graduate Research Award for 2011-2012, and received recognition for significant contributions to knowledge base by K-State's Graduate Student Council in 2010.
- Author(s)Cheng Jin
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 55 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight278 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2013
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.