All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA one-year course in probability theory and the theory of random processes, taught at Princeton University to undergraduate and graduate students, forms the core of this book. It provides a comprehensive and self-contained exposition of classical probability theory and the theory of random processes. The book includes detailed discussion of Lebesgue integration, Markov chains, random walks, laws of large numbers, limit theorems, and their relation to Rermalization Group theory. It also includes the theory of stationary random processes, martingales, generalized random processes, and Brownian motion.
- Author BiographyYAKOV SINAI has been a professor at Princeton University since 1993. He was educated at Moscow State University, and was a professor there till 1993. Since 1971 he has also held the position of senior researcher at the Landau Institute of Theoretical Physics. He is known for fundamental work on dynamical systems, probability theory, mathematical physics, and statistical mechanics. He has been awarded, among other honors, the Boltzmann Medal (in 1986) and Wolf Prize in Mathematics (in 1997). He is a member of Russian and American Academies of Sciences. LEONID KORALOV is an assistant professor at the University of Maryland. From 2000 till 2006 he was an assistant professor at Princeton University, prior to which he worked at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton. He did his undergraduate work at Moscow State University, and got his PhD from SUNY at Stony Brook in 1998. He works on problems in the areas of homogenization, diffusion processes, and partial differential equations.
- Author(s)Leonid Koralov,Yakov Sinai
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight511 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementCorr. 3rd printing 2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.