All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFor undergraduates and those pursuing a master's degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or pastoral counseling, Therapeutic Expedition is the only comprehensive basic helping skills textbook built upon a biblical world-view. Authors John C. Thomas and Lisa Sosin pull from their combined fifty years of clinical and classroom experience to prepare future counselors for their professional journey, fostering specific skills application in the areas of: Creating a helping relationship Assigning homework Exploring the counselee's concerns Spiritual strategies Facilitating the sessions Using metaphors Assessing the counseleeThe book's unique combination of qualities-a practical approach highlighting professional and personal growth based on authoritative, interdisciplinary, and biblical worldview outlooks-makes this an outstanding text within its field. Workbook excercises to foster skills application are included with each chapter.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Thomas is associated professor of Counseling and Family Studies at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He holds a Ph.D. in Counseling and a Graduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Studies from the University of South Carolina and also a Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology from Capella University.Lisa Sosin is a clinical psychologist and professional counselor as well as associate Ph.D. program director at Liberty University. She holds a Ph.D. in professional counseling from Liberty and an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from the Michigan School of Professional Psychology.
- Author(s)John C Thomas,Lisa Sosin
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables, diagrams, figures
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.