All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing a thematic approach to activity programming, this illuminating book teaches activity staff and recreation therapy students how to maximize cognition and brain functioning to improve the day-to-day performance of both well elders and those facing illness or disability. The author's Therapeutic Thematic Arts Programming method transforms activity planning from an episodic approach (isolated activities) to a continuum of related events using varying expressive forms: the visual arts, language, music and drama. Readers learn how to use these expressive arts in a dynamic, integrated way that will renew the hearts, minds and spirits of older people whose declining physical or mental health increasingly limits their experiences and interactions. Emphasis is placed on programming that is inexpensive and easily adapted for people at various levels of functioning.
- Author BiographyLinda Levine Madori holds a doctoral degree in recreation therapy, is a licensed art therapist and recreation therapist, and is Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Recreation and Leisure Studies at St. Thomas Aquinas College. She was previously Director of Recreation Therapy at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, New York.
- Author(s)Linda Levine Madori
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.