All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionSeminars by Professor Windy Dryden. See the man live and in action. To find out more and to book your place go to www.cityminds.com 'This book is really about how therapists resolve discomforting conflicts and what such conflicts reveal about the nature of therapy. Windy Dryden approaches this task by way of a series of interviews with experienced therapists from a range of therapeutic backgrounds...the interviews are both readable and engaging...and often give us as much insight into the therapists themselves as to the dilemmas...This book would clearly serve as a useful source of discussion for students of therapy or counselling. It is also a thoughtful and interesting read for any practitioner' - Clinical Psychology Forum This collection of interviews examines crucial issues of uncertainty which leading British and American therapists have encountered during the course of their work. This revised edition includes a new chapter by Tim Bond. Using a conversational model, the therapists are questioned about their own dilemmas, past and present, as practitioners. Focusing on the similarities in the therapists' experiences of working with clients, six main 'dilemma' themes emerged from these interviews: compromise dilemmas, boundary dilemmas, dilemmas of allegiance, role dilemmas, dilemmas of responsibility and impasse dilemmas. Discussion issues are put forward at the end of each interview to encourage readers to explore further particular problems that surfaced during the course of the dialogue.
- Author BiographyWindy Dryden is one of the leading practitioners and trainers in the UK in the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) tradition of psychotherapy. He is best known for his work in Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT), a leading CBT approach. He has been working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy since 1975 and was one of the first people in Britain to be trained in CBT. He has published over 200 books and has trained therapists all over the world, in as diverse places as the UK, the USA, South Africa, Turkey and Israel. He is Emeritus Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/06/1997
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byWindy Dryden
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.