All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAffecting millions of people every year with devastating consequences, Arexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating disorders are becoming more and more prevalent in today's fast paced, high pressured society. Drawing on over 20 years experience as a practitioner, Sara Gilbert takes the reader through the complexities of working with eating disorders, drawing on practical, cognitive behavioural and educational approaches to theory, assessment, treatment and practice. Packed full of new resources for qualified professionals and trainees, this new edition includes: -A summary of new research on the causes of eating disorders, dual diagsis and co-morbidity -New content on the best treatment for eating disorders and preparing clients for treatment -An updated chapter examining the effects of nutrition on physical and psychological wellbeing -New content on working with complexity and risk, An updated reference section Therapy for Eating Disorders, Third Edition, will prove an essential resource for practitioners in the mental health field, including psychotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, psychiatrists, mental health nurses, and dieticians. Sara Gilbert is a chartered clinical psychologist whose specialist interest in the field of eating disorders spans twenty years. She has worked for 12 years as a clinical lead in an eating disorder service in the NHS and is w in private practice.
- Author BiographySara Gilbert is a chartered clinical psychologist who has had a specialist interest in the field of eating disorders for nearly twenty years. She currently works for the Luton and Bedfordshire community NHS trust.
- Author(s)Sara Gilbert
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleTherapy in Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.