All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a young boy embarks on a journey alone . . .he trails a colony of penguins, undulates in a smack of jellyfish, clasps hands with a constellation of stars, naps for a night in a bed of clams, and follows a trail of shells, home to his tribe of friends.If Lane Smith's Caldecott Hor Book Grandpa Green was an homage to aging and the end of life, There Is a Tribe of Kids is a meditation on childhood and life's beginning. Smith's vibrant sponge-paint illustrations and use of unusual collective uns such as smack and unkindness bring the book to life. Whimsical, expressive, and perfectly paced, this story plays with language as much as it embodies imagination.
- Author BiographyThere is a shelf of books by Lane Smith. Grandpa Green, It's a Book, and the middle grade novel Return to Augie Hobble dwell there, among others. In 2012, the Eric Carle Museum named him a Carle Artist for lifelong innovation in the field of children's picture books, and in 2014, he was awarded the lifetime achievement award from the Society of Illustrators. He lives in an old house in Connecticut with the designer Molly Leach and a scurry of flying squirrels.
- Author(s)Lane Smith
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width287 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.