All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all kw that there was an old lady who swallowed lots of things. Now meet the old dragon who swallows pretty much an entire kingdom! Will he ever learn a little moderation?! This rollicking rhyme is full to bursting with sight gags, silly characters, and plenty of burps! Parents and kids alike will delight in Ben Mantle s precisely funny illustrations and in Penny Parker Klostermann s wacky rhymes. In days of yore, before a certain fly's ultimately fatal encounter with an Old Lady, there was an old dragon who felt rather peckish. There was an old dragon who swallowed a knight. / I don't kw why he swallowed the knight // It's t polite! He follows the knight with the knight's steed ( that galloped around at a terrible speed ). Then a squire, a cook, a lady, a castle, and finally a moat are each swallowed in turn. But With all of that water, he started to bloat. / And that's when the dragon roared, and I quote: / Okay, eugh! I've had eugh / More than eugh of this swallowing stuff!' So realizing that eating all those things might have been a tad impolite, the old dragon burps them all out in reverse except the knight (which is ahhh just right ). Klostermann's debut is a rollicking and warped Medieval take on the well-worn cumulative rhyme. Prolific British animator and illustrator Mantle's expressive and bright cartoon illustrations of the red, horned dragon (and the contents of his stomach) are a perfect match. The antics within the dragon's stomach every image of the steed is accompanied by a little clippity, clippity, clippity, clop in teeny type and his copious burping will leave 'em laughing. No matter how many swallowed-fly titles you own, this one belongs on your shelftoo. KIrkus, May 1,2015 From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyPENNY PARKER KLOSTERMANN loves trout fishing, digging for earthworms, and her sisters! This is her first picture book. BEN MANTLE has most recently been working as a children s book illustrator from his shared studio in Brighton, England. He also produces screen prints and digital artwork for exhibition. Ben Mantle has illustrated numerous picture books, including the popular board book Five Little Pumpkins.
- Author(s)Penny Parker Klostermann
- PublisherRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ben Mantle
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $26.61Trending at AU $30.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.