All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTyson is determined to hunt an elk even if it means sneaking his grandpa out of a nursing home in a debut vel sparked with dry wit and wilderness adventure. Thirteen-year-old Tyson loves hanging out with his roughneck Grandpa Gene, who s a lot more fun than Tyson s ex best friend, Brighton. These days, Bright just wants to be seen with the cool jocks who make fun of Tyson s Taylor Swift obsession and dorky ways. So when Grandpa Gene has to move to a nursing home that can manage his kidney disease, Tyson feels like he s losing his only friend. Not only that, but Tyson was counting on Grandpa Gene to take him on his first big hunt. So in defiance of Mom and Dad s strict orders, and despite reports of a scary, stalking, man-eating grizzly named Sandy, the two sneak off to the Grand Tetons. Yes, there will be action, like shooting and dressing a six-hundred-pound elk. Is Tyson tough eugh? There will be heart-pounding suspense: is Grandpa Gene too sick to handle the hunt, miles away from help? And, oh yes, there will be bears. . . .
- Author BiographyRyan Gebhart says of There Will Be Bears, his first novel, This book was inspired by a gig working at a hunting ranch in the Grand Tetons, where I got firsthand experience in field dressing an elk. Ryan Gebhart lives in Ohio.
- Author(s)Ryan Gebhart
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width137 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.