About this product
- DescriptionIn this gorgeous, ground-breaking book, masterworks of contemporary art teach children about their feelings and how they can be expressed through art. The bold work of contemporary artists is totally accessible to small children. In these images children will recognise love, surprise, hurt, and other powerful feelings. Images are accompanied by a fun-to-read aloud narrative with a silly twist at the end that is sure to delight younger readers. Parents can enjoy the art as well as the opportunity to engage their children in a light-hearted discussion of feelings.
- Author BiographyChani Sanchez is the founder of the Museum of Amazing Art, which curates contemporary art and culture for children and their families. After the birth of her daughter Nika, and following several years in a career that involved buying and archiving art for an influential art collector, Chani began using fine art to create educational experiences for kids. Her goal has been to help children develop a language for their feelings and emotions. She also guides and supports parents in the raising of emotionally literate children through her private coaching practice. To learn more about her, visit her atwww.chanisanchez.com. Tina Rivers graduated from Harvard University and is completing her doctorate in art history at Columbia University, where she specializes in modern and contemporary art and visual culture. She has taught courses on contemporary art at Columbia University, the Pratt Institute, and the Museum of Modern Art, and also regularly lectures on art to public audiences. Visit her at tinarivers.com.
- Author(s)Chani Sanchez,Jeff Koons,Takashi Marakami
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width239 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.