All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe six sequences of There Is an Anger that Moves travel from Jamaica to England and back. A mother's heart is broken; men fall in love secretly; people dance until they die. Religion haunts these disbelieving poems which move sometimes to the measure of a hymn, sometimes to the cadence of a Baptist sermon. Each swells with its own conviction, even when that conviction is doubt. Miller makes us believe in the power of unexpected things: the colour orange, broken coffins, ice cream - and in the transforming power of poetry. From this book, Kei Miller emerges as one of the most compelling and subtle new voices from the Caribbean.
- Author BiographyKei Miller was born in Jamaica in 1978. He read English at the University of the West Indies, and did an MA in Creative Writing at Manchester Metropolitan. His first collection of short fiction, The Fear of Stones, was short-listed in 2007 for a Commonwealth Writers First Book Prize. He is also the author of a poetry collection, Kingdom of Empty Bellies and editor of the anthology, New Caribbean Poetry. He has been a visiting writer at York University in Canada, and a Vera Ruben Fellow at Yaddo.
- Author(s)Kei Miller
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight109 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.