Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe hilarious true-life tale of one man's journey from self-confessed planet-killing lad to eco-friendly, green-crusader Dad set against the backdrop of Cool Britannia, Blair's Britain and the rise of the green movement. Back in the nineties, Loaded journalist, Pete May was your rmal twenty-something male: a football mad, beer guzzling, Dr Who watching lad's lad, quite happy surrounding himself with countless pizza boxes, beer cans and other environmentally unfriendly consumer items. Recycling to Pete was a debate about whether he should turn his socks inside out and reuse them. Then one day, out of where, along came eco bunny Nicola - a greener than green environmental activist. Could two people so different really fall for each other? Would Pete ever change his ways and sign up to the green lifestyle of composting loos, freezing cold houses, multiple jumper wearing, chicken rearing, recycling, cycling, energy saving and general self-sufficiency? This is the charming and funny true-life tale of one man's struggle to grapple with the good life, go green and get the girl.
- Author BiographyPete May is a journalist who has written for Loaded, The Guardian, Time Out among others. He currently lives in North London with his wife Nicola Baird of Save Cash, Save The Planet.
- Author(s)Pete May
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/06/2008
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight305 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.