Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you are a 12-year-old city slicker who is terrified of spiders, and your hobbies are chasing the ice-cream truck, developing movie-star crushes on guys like Ricky Nelson and Troy Donahue, and anticipating your first kiss (and your first real bra), the last place you want to spend your summer vacation is with your parents in a rustic cabin in the middle of the New Hampshire woods...especially when the cabin has electricity, running water, indoor plumbing and, heaven forbid... TV. Journey back to 1962 for a humorous look at the summer when I, along with my city friend, Janet, experienced the highs and lows of wilderness living. Unbelievably, in such an unlikely place, Janet met her Prince Charming. I, on the other hand, met 110,000 mosquitoes...and Conrad.
- Author BiographySally Breslin was born and raised in New Hampshire, where she still resides, so she is a true New Englander through and through. She knew at a young age that writing was her passion. She started writing poetry when she was only 8. During summer vacations from school, she would sit on the front steps of her tenement building and write books. Each day, groups of kids from the neighborhood would gather and she would read the next installment to them. She also started keeping a journal when she was 12, and has continued to do so every day since. She says her journals are like having her own time machine. She even can tell you what she ate for breakfast back in November of 1963! For over 20 years, she worked as a newspaper correspondent and photographer for the Hooksett Banner. Since 1984, she has been interpreting dreams in her weekly newspaper column, Dreams...with Sally Breslin, and since 1994, has been writing a weekly humor column, My Life, both of which are published in four New England Newspapers. In 1996, she was named the New Hampshire Press Association's columnist of the year. She also has taught humor-writing classes for Concord Community Education. Her stories have been published in the bestsellers, A Second Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul, Chicken Soup for the Soul at Christmas and Belly Laughs and Babies. Although she grew up in New Hampshire's largest city, she currently lives way out in the country with her husband and two rottweilers, her faithful hiking companions. She says she loves the country - but can do without the mosquitoes and ticks...and especially the spiders!
- Author(s)Sally A Breslin
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.