All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Presents a solid introduction to thermal analysis, methods, instrumentation, calibration, and application along with the necessary theoretical background.* Useful to chemists, physicists, materials scientists, and engineers who are new to thermal analysis techniques, and to existing users of thermal analysis who wish expand their experience to new techniques and applications* Topics covered include Differential Scanning Calorimetry and Differential Thermal Analysis (DSC/DTA), Thermogravimetry, Thermomechanical Analysis and Dilatometry, Dynamic Mechanical Analysis, Micro-Thermal Analysis, Hot Stage Microscopy, and Instrumentation.* Written by experts in the various areas of thermal analysis* Relevant and detailed experiments and examples follow each chapter.
- Author BiographyJoseph D. Menczel, PhD, a recognized expert in thermal analysis of polymers with some thirty years of industrial and academic experience, is Assistant Technical Director at Alcon Laboratories. He has researched more than 120 polymeric systems in which he studied calibration of DSCs, glass transition, nucleation, crystallization, melting, stability, mechanical and micro-mechanical properties of polymers, and polymer-water interactions. Dr. Menczel holds six patents and is the author of seventy scholarly papers. He is the author of two chapters in the bookThermal Characterization of Polymeric Materials. In conducting DSC experiments, Dr. Menczel found a crystal/amorphous interface in semicrystalline polymers, which later became known as the rigid amorphous phase. He is also credited with developing the temperature calibration of DSCs for cooling experiments. R. Bruce Prime, PhD, is a consultant to industry and government and a recognized authority on the cure and properties of cross-linked polymer systems. During his thirty-year career with IBM, he led teams responsible for developing and implementing polymer applications for printer and information storage technologies. He holds four patents and is the author of more than fifty technical papers and the chapter on thermosets in Thermal Characterization of Polymeric Materials. Dr. Prime is a Fellow of SPE and NATAS and was the 1989 recipient of the Mettler-Toledo Award in Thermal Analysis. He maintains the Web site www.primethermosets.com.
- Author(s)Joseph D. Menczel,R. Bruce Prime
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2007
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1130 g
- Width167 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.