All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first book to discuss both separation chemistry and mass spectrometry for mineral and rock analysis compares the two frequently used techniques, analyzing both their scope and limitations by way of numerous practical examples. The excellent and highly experienced author adopts a comprehensive and systematic approach, reviewing all the steps involved in an analytical workflow. In addition to thermal ionization mass spectrometry (TIMS), he also discusses applications of ICP-MS. Furthermore, alongside detailed protocols on sample preparation and mass spectrometric measurements, numerous practical hints are given. A must-have handy guide for all isotope geochemists and anyone involved in isotope analysis.
- Author BiographyAkio Makishima is professor of Analytical Geochemistry Division in the Pheasant Memorial Laboratory (PML), Okayama University at Misasa, Japan. He obtained his Ph.D. from Tokyo University under supervision of Professor Akimasa Masuda. After three years in the Analytical Research Center of Nippon Steel Co. Ltd under supervision of Dr. Koichi Chiba, he was appointed assistant professor in Misasa, and finally obtained the professorship. He has been working with Professor Eizo Nakamura, and authored over 60 scientific publications, most of which are related to developing new analytical techniques using TIMS, ICP-QMS and MC-ICP-MS.
- Author(s)Akio Makishima
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBlackwell Verlag GmbH
- Weight814 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.