All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition discusses the physical and engineering aspects of the thermal processing of packaged foods and examines the methods which have been used to establish the time and temperature of processes suitable to achieve adequate sterilization or pasteurization of the packaged food. The third edition is totally renewed and updated, including new concepts and areas that are relevant for thermal food processing: * This edition is formed by 22 chapters-arranged in five parts-that maintain great parts of the first and second editions* The First part includes five chapters analyzing different topics associated to heat transfer mechanism during canning process, kinetic of microbial death, sterilization criteria and safety aspect of thermal processing.* The second part, entitled Thermal Food Process Evaluation Techniques, includes six chapters and discusses the main process evaluation techniques.* The third part includes six chapters treating subjects related with pressure in containers, simultaneous sterilization and thermal food processing equipment.* The fourth part includes four chapters including computational fluid dynamics and multi-objective optimization.* The fifth part, entitled Invative Thermal Food Processing, includes a chapter focused on two invative processes used for food sterilization such high pressure with thermal sterilization and ohmic heating. Thermal Processing of Pa ckaged Foods, Third Edition is intended for a broad audience, from undergraduate to post graduate students, scientists, engineers and professionals working for the food industry.
- Author BiographyDonald Holdsworth, former researcher with the Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, UK.Ricardo Simpson, professor in Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Chemical and Environmental Engineering department. Chile.
- Author(s)Ricardo Simpson,S. Donald Holdsworth
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 66 colour illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 97 colour tables, biography
- Weight967 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.