All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThermal Solar Desalination: Methods and Systems presents numerous thermal seawater desalination techlogies varying from the very simple, easy to construct and operate solar stills, to the more advance membrane and indirect distillation methods. All types of solar thermal desalination techlogies are presented in detail to enable readers to comprehend the subject, from design details to enabling further research to be carried out in this area. The various units used in desalination are outlined, along with diagrams of all detailed working principles of desalination methods and systems. The authors consider the ecomic aspects of these processes, demonstrating successful implementation of desalination units suitable for areas where supplies of fresh water in natural ways is limited or n-existent.
- Author BiographyBelessiotis obtained his PhD from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and is currently the Research Director of the Solar and Other Energy Systems laboratory of NCSR DEMOKRITOS . His main research areas are Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Conservation, and his interests include the areas of Thermal Engineering, Physical processes and Metrology. He was project coordinator in a large number of competitive research projects funded from external sources and his scientific work is widely published. His scientific work is published in five books, six original contributions in specialized international encyclopedias (ENCYCLOPEDIA OF LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS and ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ENERGY) and more than 250 papers are published in international journals, international and national conferences (with review), as well as many specialized studies. He has approximately 2000 citations on this work. His is permanent member of scientific organisations: ISES, EDS, IDA, ASHRAE, IOTAETATAU, HellasLab (national member of EUROLAB). Professor Soteris Kalogirou obtained his PhD and DSc from the University of Glamorgan, UK. For more than 30 years, he has been actively involved in research of solar energy and in flat plate and concentrating collectors, solar water heating, solar steam generating systems, desalination, photovoltaics and absorption cooling in particular. He has many books and book contributions and has published large number papers in international scientific journals and refereed conference proceedings. He is Editor-in-Chief of Renewable Energy and Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Energy, as well as Editorial Board Member of another eleven journals. He is the author of the book Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems and Thermal Solar Desalination, both published by Academic Press of Elsevier. He has been a member of World Renewable Energy Network (WREN), American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Institute of Refrigeration (IoR) and International Solar Energy Society (ISES). Emmy Delyannis received her PhD from the Athens University of Technology (AUth) and carried out postgraduate studies at the universities of Lawrence, Kansas, USA, and Karlsruhe, Germany. She was Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering and Metallurgy at AUth where she taught the subjects of Heating and Chemical Technology. For about 20 years she was the General Secretary of the European Working Group on Fresh Water from the Sea and she organized six symposiums for the European Federation of Chemical Engineers. For her contributions in desalination she was honored with the Public Service Award of the Department of the Interior of USA and with the Certificate of Merit of the International & Environmental Association, USA.
- Author(s)Emmy Delyannis,Soteris A. Kalogirou,Vassilis G. Belessiotis
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.