Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $201.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of Thermodynamics: Concepts and Applications is on traditional thermodynamics topics, but structurally the book introduces the thermal-fluid sciences. Chapter 2 includes essentially all material related to thermodynamic properties clearly showing the hierarchy of thermodynamic state relationships. Element conservation is considered in Chapter 3 as a way of expressing conservation of mass. Constant-pressure and volume combustion are considered in Chapter 5 - Energy Conservation. Chemical and phase equilibria are treated as a consequence of the 2nd law in Chapter 6. 2nd law topics are introduced hierarchically in one chapter, important structure for a beginner. The book is designed for the instructor to select topics and combine them with material from other chapters seamlessly. Pedagogical devices include: learning objectives, chapter overviews and summaries, historical perspectives, and numerous examples, questions and problems and lavish illustrations. Students are encouraged to use the National Institute of Science and Techlogy (NIST) online properties database.
- Author BiographyStephen R. Turns has been a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University since completing his PhD at the University of Wisconsin in 1979. Before completing his PhD Steve spent five years in the Engine Research Department of General Motors Research Laboratories in Warren, Michigan. His active research interests include the study of pollutant formation and control in combustion systems, combustion engines, combustion instrumentation, slurry fuel combustion, energy conversion, and energy policy. He has published numerous refereed journal articles on many of these topics. Steve Turns is a member of the ASME and many other professional organizations and an ASME-ABET Program Evaluator since 1994. Steve is also a dedicated teacher for which he has won numerous awards including the Penn State Teaching and Learning Consortium, Hall of Fame Faculty Award; Penn State's Milton S. Eisenhower Award for Distinguished Teaching; the Premier Teaching Award, Penn State Engineering Society; and the Outstanding Teaching Award, Penn State Engineering Society. Steve's talent as a teacher is also reflected in his best-selling advanced undergraduate textbook Introduction to Combustion: Concepts and Applications 2/e. Steve's commitment to students and teaching is reflected in the innovative approach and design of Thermal-Fluid Sciences: An Integrated Approach and its companion volume Thermodynamics, also published by Cambridge University Press.
- Author(s)Stephen R. Turns
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note690 b/w illus. 321 colour illus. 41 tables 1107 exercises
- Weight1690 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.