All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics , starting with a critical elaboration of thermodynamics as applied to phase transition discusses the relationship between the ensemble theory of classical as well as quantum statistics and thermodynamics, and then obtains Maxwell-Boltzmann; Fermi-Dirac and the Bose-Einstein distributions. Besides traditional applications like specific heat of electrons, thermionic emission and the specific heat of lattice, many modern applications are also discussed including, magnetism of electron gas, quantum Hall effect, recent experiments on Bose-Einstein condensation, Ising model, real gases, and discrete rermalization group. Transport properties are discussed at an introductory level.
- Author BiographyP. V. Panat.: Emeritus Professor, Centre of Modelling and Simulation University of Pune, Pune
- Author(s)P.V. Panat
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Width185 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.