All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionInvative and wide-ranging, this treatment combines precise mathematic style with strong physical intuition. Written by a well-kwn physicist for advanced undergraduates and graduate students, the text covers negative temperatures and heat capacities, general and special relativistic effects, black hole thermodynamics, gravitational collapse, and many other areas. Abundant problems include worked solutions. 1978 edition.
- Author BiographyPeter T. Landsberg (1922-2010) taught at University College Cardiff from 1959 to 1971 and held the chair in Applied Mathematics at the University of Southampton from 1982 to 1987. He wrote, edited, and coauthored 11 books, including Dover's Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics, and more than 400 scientific papers.
- Author(s)Peter T. Landsberg
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/1991
- Series TitleDover Books on Physics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Note54ill.
- Weight616 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.