Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by freshy_shops
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYear of instruction. It is a core course for these disciplines in all four year engineering schools. Civil engineers may also be required to take this course in some schools. Chemical and Biomedical engineering students are also required to take courses in thermodynamics. However, they usually use books written specifically for Chemical or Bio Thermodynamics. Some schools still use general engineering thermodynamics books such as the one proposed here. The annual US enrollment in the course on thermodynamics (t including chemical and bio thermodynamics) is 63,300 students (Source: TWM Research). Cengage Learning currently offers products in this area, so our market share is zero. This product targets the entire market of 63,300. We hope to capture approximately 5 per cent market share in year 0 for this product.
- Author BiographyKenneth A. Kroos has a B.S., M.S., and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Toledo. He taught for five years at Christian Brothers College in Memphis, Tennessee, served as Student Section Advisor and Chair of the Memphis-Mid-south Section of ASME. Dr. Kroos joined Villanova University in 1982, teaching courses thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and several others. He serves as Assistant Department Chair for the Mechanical Engineering Department, has authored more than fifteen publications in the fields of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, engineering education and computer graphics for flow visualization, performed research in computer graphics for the U. S. Army Ballistics Research Lab, and consulted for a number of companies in the Memphis and Philadelphia areas. Dr. Kroos is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and a member of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). He served as Vice President of ASME in 2001 and served a three year term on the Council for Member Affairs. Dr. Merle C. Potter holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and an M.S. in Engineering Mechanics from Michigan Technological University, as well as an M.S. in Aerospace Engineering and a Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics from the University of Michigan. Dr. Potter taught for 40 years, including 33 of years at Michigan State University where he taught thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and numerous other courses. Dr. Potter has authored and co-authored 35 textbooks, help books, and engineering exam review books. He has specialized in fluid flow stability and energy research. He has received numerous awards, including the Ford Faculty Scholarship, the Teacher-Scholar Award, the ASME Centennial Award, the MSU Mechanical Engineering Faculty Award, and the James Harry Potter Thermodynamics Gold Medal. Dr. Potter is a member of ASEE, ASME, and the American Academy of Mechanics.
- Author(s)Kenneth Kroos,Merle C. Potter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Weight1070 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementStudent international edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.