All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThermodynamics, An Engineering Approach, eighth edition, covers the basic principles of thermodynamics while presenting a wealth of real-world engineering examples so students get a feel for how thermodynamics is applied in engineering practice. This text helps students develop an intuitive understanding by emphasizing the physics and physical arguments. Cengel and Boles explore the various facets of thermodynamics through careful explanations of concepts and use of numerous practical examples and figures, having students develop necessary skills to bridge the gap between kwledge and the confidence to properly apply their kwledge. Thermodynamics is w presented in full, four-color design. The illustrations and photographs are w more realistic and offer increased understanding to the student. Some of the figures and photographs in the text are intended to serve as a means of emphasizing key concepts that would otherwise go unticed. This edition includes over 500 new problems and a significant number of the existing problems are modified. An important change is the update of the R-134a tables to make property values consistent with those from the latest version of EES (Engineering Equasion Solver). All the solved examples and end-of-chapter problems dealing with R-134a are modified to reflect this change.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS YUNUS A. CENGEL is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from Istanbul Technical University and his M.S. and Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from North Carolina State University. His areas of interest are renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy policies, heat transfer enhancement, and engineering education. He served as the director of the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) at the University of Nevada, Reno, from 1996 to 2000. He has led teams of engineering students to numerous manufacturing facilities in Northern Nevada and California to perform industrial assessments, and has prepared energy conservation, waste minimization, and productivity enhancement reports for them. He has also served as an advisor for various government organizations and corporations. Dr. Cengel is also the author or coauthor of the widely adopted textbooks Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications (5th ed., 2015), Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications (3rd ed., 2014), Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences (4th ed., 2012), Introduction to Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer (2nd ed., 2008), and Differential Equations for Engineers and Scientists (1st ed., 2013), all published by McGraw-Hill. Some of his textbooks have been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian, Greek, and French. Dr. Cengel is the recipient of several outstanding teacher awards, and he has received the ASEE Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award for excellence in authorship in 1992 and again in 2000. Dr. Cengel is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada, and is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). MICHAEL A. BOLES is Associate Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at North Carolina State University, where he earned his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering and is an Alumni Distinguished Professor. Dr. Boles has received numerous awards and citations for excellence as an engineering educator. He is a past recipient of the SAE Ralph R. Teetor Education Award and has been twice elected to the NCSU Academy of Outstanding Teachers. The NCSU ASME student section has consistently recognized him as the outstanding teacher of the year and the faculty member having the most impact on mechanical engineering students. Dr. Boles specializes in heat transfer and has been involved in the analytical and numerical solution of phase change and drying of porous media. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), and Sigma Xi. Dr. Boles received the ASEE Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award in 1992 for excellence in authorship.
- Author(s)Michael A. Boles,Yunus A. Cengel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education (Asia)
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Education (Asia)
- Weight1 g
- Width202 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement8th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.