All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Naga people of the troubled rtheastern region of India have endured more than a century of bloodshed in their struggle for an independent Nagaland and a national identity. It is against this uneasy backdrop that the stories in this unusual collection are set. Exploring how ordinary people cope with violence, negotiate power, and seek safe havens amid terror, the stories of Temsula Ao detail a way of life under attack by the forces of modernization and war where one - t the ordinary housewife, r the willing accomplice, r the young woman who sings even as she is being raped - can escape the violence. Their stories spring from the internal fault lines of the Indian nation-state. An important activist, writer, and commentator on issues in rtheastern India, Ao speaks movingly of home, country, nation, nationality, and identity. A touching - and at times harrowing - glimpse into this little-kwn conflict zone in India's rtheast, These Hills Called Home burns with urgency and leaves its reader profoundly changed.
- Author BiographyTemsula Ao is a poet, short story writer, and ethnographer. She is retired from North Eastern Hill University, Indiana, where she has served as professor of English since 1975.
- Author(s)Temsula Ao
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Weight156 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.