All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLady Elvina, the daughter of the Earl Winwood was rich, beautiful and in love. Any day w Captain Andrew Broadmoor would propose to her. But then she overheard him saying that he did t love her and would only marry her for her money. Elvina fled, travelling to Cumberland, where she had heard that the Duke of Castleforde was looking for a governess for his unruly sister, Violet. Concealing her true identity, she presented herself as plain Mrs. Winters and in Violet, Elvina found a troubled, rebellious young girl who needed her help. She began to grow close to the Duke, but as their love flowered she realised that his duty to his great house came first. And that duty forbade him to marry a mere governess. It would have been simple to tell him the truth that she was the daughter of an Earl, but pride prevented her. If he would t marry her for herself alone, then she would have ne of him. How they resolved their problems and found their way to Heaven is all told in this compelling romantic vel by BARBARA CARTLAND. If you like Downton Abbey you will love Barbara Cartland .
- Author BiographyBarbara Cartland was the world's most prolific novelist who wrote an amazing 723 books in her lifetime, of which no less than 644 were romantic novels with worldwide sales of over 1 billion copies and her books were translated into 36 different languages. As well as romantic novels, she wrote historical biographies, 6 autobiographies, theatrical plays and books of advice on life, love, vitamins and cookery. She wrote her first book at the age of 21 and it was called Jigsaw. It became an immediate bestseller and sold 100,000 copies in hardback in England and all over Europe in translation. Between the ages of 77 and 97 she increased her output and wrote an incredible 400 romances as the demand for her romances was so strong all over the world. She wrote her last book at the age of 97 and it was entitled perhaps prophetically The Way to Heaven. Her books have always been immensely popular in the United States where in 1976 her current books were at numbers 1 & 2 in the B. Dalton bestsellers list, a feat never achieved before or since by any author. Barbara Cartland became a legend in her own lifetime and will be best remembered for her wonderful romantic novels so loved by her millions of readers throughout the world, who have always collected her books to read again and again, especially when they feel miserable or depressed.Her books will always be treasured for their moral message, her pure and innocent heroines, her handsome and dashing heroes, her blissful happy endings and above all for her belief that the power of love is more important than anything else in everyone's life.
- Author(s)Barbara Cartland
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.