All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe majority of the civil rights movement in the United States occurred in three stages. The first stage began with the slaves in America fighting for their freedom. Frederick Douglass was a key player from the very beginning. Born a slave, Douglass escaped and went on to become one of the most respected abolitionist leaders. After the Civil War, freed slaves fought to overcome the still-prevailing prejudice and persecution. During this phase, Marcus Garvey led the Back to Africa movement, promoting Black Nationalism and black pride among the newly freed people. And in the 1960s, a strong civil rights movement branched in two different directions. The first was headed by Reverend Martin Luther King Jr., who organized a powerful nviolent civil disobedience movement to win equal rights through integration. Following a very different path, Malcolm X sought equal rights for blacks through violent confrontation and racial separation. Together, these four men shaped the American civil rights movement. Racism is still a very relevant problem in our country today, and to better understand where we are w and how to make progress in the future, we must first understand where we've come from.
- Author BiographyJules Archer was one of the most respected names in nonfiction for young people. During his lifetime he published over seventy books, which have been translated into twelve languages throughout the world. He lived in Scotts Valley, California, until his death in 2008.
- Author(s)Jules Archer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleJules Archer History for Young Readers
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note25 B&W photos
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.