All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMany people consider the Old Testament to be complicated, mysterious, and far removed from current thought and life. A textbook on the Old Testament should t deepen these attitudes, but work to replace them. They Spoke from God addresses the writings of the Old Testament in simple language and in a personal style that speaks directly to the reader. It t only provides the student with a basic grasp of relevant passages, it also relates the biblical text to historical, theological, and ethical questions. Most importantly, They Spoke from God demonstrates how the various portions of the Old Testament fit together with one ather, held together by the story of a God at work to redeem his people.
- Author BiographyDr. William C. Williams teaches Old Testament, Hebrew, and Semitic languages in both graduate and undergraduate programs. He has been an editor and consultant on a number of Bible translations including The New American Standard Bible, and The New Living Translation. He has contributed to reference works such as The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis, (Zondervan), The Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology (Baker), and The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (Wm B. Eerdmans). His most recent work is They Spoke From God: A Survey of the Old Testament (Logion) and notes for The NLT Study Bible Tyndale (2008). He has been a visiting professor at numerous colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. His personal interests include photography and bicycling.
- Author(s)William Williams
- PublisherGospel Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGospel Publishing House
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1710 g
- Width189 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.