About this product
- DescriptionDr Alex Richardson, the UK's leading authority on how nutrition affects behaviour and learning, exposes the truth behind the foods we are feeding our children and offers simple, practical solutions all parents can use. An empowering, cutting-edge book that will transform the lives of children and help them reach their full potential. Senior Research Fellow at Oxford University and former school teacher, Dr Alex Richardson is the UK's leading expert on how what we do and do t feed our children impacts their learning, concentration, co-ordination and behaviour. Empowering and extremely practical, this book sorts out food fact from food myth and shows parents how to bring the best choices into their children's everyday diets. Includes simple meal plans and recipes as well as practical guidance on other lifestyle factors, such as time spent in front of TV and computer screens. A highly influential book that offers concerned parents concrete information and real solutions.
- Author BiographyDr. Richardson is based at Mansfield College, Oxford, where she has spearheaded numerous high-profile groundbreaking studies into the role of nutrition on the brain. She is a former teacher with first-hand experience of managing children with behaviour / learning difficulties, and director of charity Food and Behaviour Research (to receive all royalties). Dr. Richardson also specialises in ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia and has excellent links with the British Dyslexia Association, Foods Standards Agency, Hyperactive Children's Support Group, Allergy-Induced-Autism.
- Author(s)Alex Richardson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Thorsons
- Content Note15 b/w line drawings
- Weight580 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.