All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe vast expansion of the sensor and actuator field in recent years has necessitated the creation of a handbook series to clarify scientific developments. First in the new series, Handbook of Sensors and Actuators , which will examine a broad range of topics across the discipline, this volume explores thick-film techlogy. The area has already achieved a high rank in the families of advanced solid sensor techlogies but there has been limited ackwledgment of its future potential. This publication aims to increase the involvement of internationally recognised sensor experts by suggesting possible directions for further investigation. In this pursuit, it disseminates the data identifying the actual performances and applications of thick-film sensors manufactured all over the world and presents ideas underlying current activities in the research and development of new devices. Three major areas are explored in which thick film techlogy contributes as a sensor techlogy, namely: hybrid circuits for signal processing (in combination with either thick-film sensing elements or transducing elements derived from other techlogies), creation of architectural structures (eg. multilayer structures, integrated chips with chemical sensing elements, sensor arrays) and transducing elements derived from thick-film pastes. However, the unique properties and chances offered by thick-film techlogy for sensor manufacture might t be appreciated without emphasis on both scientific and techlogical features which are either common or distinguished from those of the major alternative techlogies, namely silicon, thin films and ceramic. These are therefore also considered, enabling the volume to offer a balanced view of the state-of-the-art in this exciting field.
- Author BiographyMaria Prudenziati is Professor of Applied Electronics at the University of Modena, Italy.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/08/1994
- Series TitleHandbook of Sensors and Actuators
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1135 g
- Width178 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMaria Prudenziati
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.