All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuzanne believes she kws who she is: a former wild child, neither virgin r virginal as a teen; someone who pulls for the wayward girls and troubled boys she w teaches in Minnesota. She has learned to survive good love and bad love and people who don't care at all. At her rented cabin, she gathers strength, like a storm forming over the lake.While looking for a spark in her life, a random coincidence leads Suzanne to try to unlock a harrowing event from her past. She is drawn into an unusual relationship with Alpha Breville, a convicted criminal with a disturbing history; simultaneously, she begins seeing an unpredictable, dark-haired drifter a cowboy who's part angel, part howling dog. Though the cowboy matches Suzanne in intensity and desire, he's less faithful than the captive Breville.Which man can offer Suzanne the kwledge she seeks? Which man can truly touch her? How can she find her unique peace?In writing that has been likened to Kate Chopin's, Maureen Gibbon constructs a taut story of desire at the other end of the Mississippi, in the rth woods of Minnesota. Against deep lakes, casis, and a bar named the Royal, Gibbon's unconventional characters show us how to play the hands we're dealt and own the choices we make, in a tough and tender book about hard-won redemption from one of America's most original writers.
- Author BiographyMaureen Gibbon is the author of Swimming Sweet Arrow, a novel, and Magdalena, a collection of prose poems. A graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, she has received fellowships from the Bush Foundation and Loft McKnight.
- Author(s)Maureen Gibbon
- PublisherSarah Crichton Books
- Date of Publication27/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarah Crichton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.