All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the first dedicated to this exciting and rapidly growing field, enables readers to understand and prepare high-quality, high-performance TiNi shape memory alloys (SMAs). It covers the properties, preparation and characterization of TiNi SMAs, with particular focus on the latest techlogies and applications in MEMS and biological devices. Basic techniques and theory are covered to introduce new-comers to the subject, whilst various sub-topics, such as film deposition, characterization, post treatment, and applying thin films to practical situations, appeal to more informed readers. Each chapter is written by expert authors, providing an overview of each topic and summarizing all the latest developments, making this an ideal reference for practitioners and researchers alike.
- Author BiographyShuichi Miyazaki is a Professor at the Institute of Materials Science, University of Tsukuba, Japan, where he has worked since 1979 after obtaining his Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from Osaka University. He has received numerous awards, including the Academic Deed Award from the Japan Institute of Metals in 1995 and the Yamazaki-Teiichi Prize from the Foundation for Promotion of Material Science and Technology of Japan in 2002, as well as co-authoring 24 books and over 350 technical and review papers in the field of materials science especially on shape memory alloys. Yong Qing Fu is a Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. He obtained his Ph.D degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 1999 and his prior positions have included Research Fellow at Singapore-MIT Alliance, NTU and Research Associate in EDM Group (Electronic Devices and Materials) at Cambridge University. He has extensive experience in thin films, surface coatings, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), shape memory alloys, smart materials and Nanotechnology, with over 100 journal papers. Wei Min Huang is an Associate Professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He was awarded his Ph.D. from Cambridge University in 1998 and has since published over 80 journal papers. His research interests include shape memory materials, actuators, advanced technologies and materials, surface patterning and materials selection.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note106 b/w illus. 14 tables
- Weight1100 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byShuichi Miyazaki,Wei Min Huang,Yong Qing Fu
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.