All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA ted folklorist spins a tapestry of spooky yarns involving haunted houses, ghostly visitations, midnight trips to the graveyard, and other chilling vignettes. Moody black-and-white drawings complement the stories, which range from humorous and playful to downright eerie. Helpful tes and a bibliography offer details on the tales' sources and background.
- Author BiographyDialects, folk speech, and slang were the particular interests of Maria Leach (1892-1977), a noted American scholar of folklore who wrote and edited books for adults as well as children. She spent a dozen years compiling her distinguished two-volume study, the Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology, and Legend.
- Author(s)Maria Leach
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.